This article is an excerpt from our Sefer
Buy now on Amazon.com
2. The Rabbinical Melachos:
It is Rabbinically forbidden to perform any of the following Melachos [even during Biblical Shemitas]:
- Covering the produce as protection from the sun.
- Weeding [Nikush]
- Idur [Digging around roots]
- Watering [Haskah]
- Fertilizing [Zibul]
- Yibul-Cutting a Yaboles from a tree
- Piruk-Removing dry branches and leaves from a tree
- Ivuk- Covering the roots with earth
- Grooming the branches
- Powdering the tree with growth vitamins
- Removing rocks from on top of the roots-Sikul
- Ishun: To smoke the tree to kill the worms.
May a Jew perform Melacha to the land of a gentile?