Chapter 44: Sleeping with Tefillin
- A set sleep: It is forbidden to sleep a set sleep while wearing tefillin.
- A nap: It is forbidden to sleep even a temporary sleep while wearing the Tefillin unless:
- One covers his Tefillin with a sheet and the like.
- If one is sitting on his bed, his wife may not be with him.
- One sleeps with his head between his knees, while sitting.
- Sleeping with Tefillin in one’s hands: One may not sleep even a temporary sleep while holding uncovered Tefillin in his hands, unless they are bound to his hand in a way that will prevent them from falling.
- Tefillin are covered: If the Tefillin are covered, one may sleep while holding them even if they are not bound to his hand.
 See “The Laws of Tefillin” Chapter 5 Halacha 8
 See “The Laws of Tefillin” Chapter 6 Halacha 9