Chapter 13: The fall of Babylon
1. A prophecy of the destruction of Babylon:
- The following is the prophecy of calamities that will befall Babylon which Yeshaya the son of Amotz prophesied.
2. A call to those who will destroy Babylon:
- I have called on my warriors [i.e. the armies of Persia and Media, Koreish and Daryaveish] to come enter the gates of the nobles of Babylon and to seek revenge [for their actions against my nation].
- They will come with their multitudes from distant lands with many weapons to destroy the land of Babylon.
- This day in which G-d will raid the nation of Babylon is very nearby.
3. The panic that will ensue in Babylon:
- They will cause all of the hands of the enemy to grow weak with fear and will cause their hearts to melt.
- They will panic like a woman in middle of birth.
- The wrath of G-d will be desolate all of the land and all of it sooner shall be annihilated.
- The world will darken upon them, and their light will no longer illuminate.
- Man will become more valuable than gold.
4. The great devastation of the people:
- They will be like a scattered and wandering sheep who have no leader, and each man will return to his land and nation.
- Whichever man is found will be killed by the sword.
- Their babies will be killed before their eyes their houses and their houses will be loaded and their wives will be raped.
- The median Army who I will bring against them will not care for silver or gold [and will only seek revenge against them].
- They will not take pity even on the newborns and children.
- The beauty of Babylon will be overturned like that of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- Even the Bedouin Arabs will not settle their tents there due to the great dissolution of the land which will not be fit for any purpose.
- It will be in the state of desolation forever and from one generation to the next.
- The land will be filled with wild birds and ostriches as well as demons.
- It’s palaces and temples will be filled with cats and snakes.
 Rashi 13:3
 Rashi 13:17