Chapter 14: The Rise of the Jewish people and fall of Babylon
1. The return of the Jewish people:
- Returning the Jewish people to their land: G-d will have mercy on His people and eventually return them to His land.
- Converts: There will be Gentiles who will join the Jewish people back to their land and convert to the Jewish religion.
- Reconquering the land: The Jewish people will we inherit the land and take the inhabitants for slaves, and hence those who captured them will now themselves become their captives.
- Time to rest from the oppression: On that day the Jewish people will rest from all of their pain and sorrow that they were forced to serve through.
2. The fall of the king of Babylon:
- The following is the parable regarding what will happen to the king of Babylon.
- G-d will break the rule of those who govern.
- The prophet scoffs at the king of Babylon who has fallen from his glory.
- You the king of Babylon, your dead corpse will be thrown onto the streets in order to be oppressed.
- Also the children and descendants of the king of Babylon will be annihilated so they never take the throne again.
- The above will occur not just to Babylon but to all of the evil nations.
- The above prophecy took place in the year of the passing of King Achaz.
- The poor of the Jewish people will return to their glory.