- The following is a prophecy concerning Damascus.
- Destruction of Damascus: Damascus will enter the depth of ruins.
- Destruction of Ephraim: The children of Israel from the kingdom of Ephraim will be exiled throughout the lands.
- Demotion of Jacob: The glory of Jacob of will be diminished and his flesh shall become emaciated.
- The olive trees will cease to produce the fruits of they are used to. [This is an allegory to the kingdom of Judah who will remain few a number.]
- The repentance of the Jewish people: The people will return to G-d on that day and turn their eyes to him. They will no longer turn to sources of idolatry for help.
- The desolation of the land: The land will be completely desolate of people like a forest without a settlement of people. This is due to having forgotten and forsaken G-d.
- The fall of Ashur: Woe upon the nations as they too will experience downfall and destruction.
 Rashi 17:6