Chapter 48: Admonishing the Jewish people to observe the commands
- Listen house of Jacob, G-d has already redeemed you in the past and is ready to do so in the future. However, He has yet to do so despite already proclaiming that the redemption will occur due to your sins of idolatry, and that you may say that the salvation came from your idols.
- The fruition of the prophecies doesn’t move you from your ways: Even though you have witnessed the prophecies take place you still do not buy from your ways.
- Delaying the wrath against the sinners: It is only for the sake of My name that I have delayed My wrath and not punished and cut off the sinners. I am doing this for My sake.
- I will not place my honor on another nation.
- G-d will redeem the Jewish people from Babylon and from the Casdians.
- G-d says that there will be no peace for the evildoers.