- In the year of the death of King Uzziah I saw Hashem sitting on a high and exalted throne. [It is from this time and onwards that Yeshaya began prophesizing, and the prophecies of the previous chapter all took place after the death of Uziyahu.]
- I saw that the Seraphim angels stood above in heaven. Each one had six wings. Two wings were used to cover his face, and two wings to cover his feet, and with two he would fly.
- Kadosh Kadosh Kadosh: One angel called to the other and said, “Holy, holy, holy is Hashem; the whole earth is full of His glory.”
3. Yeshayah speaks negatively of the Jewish people and is punished:
- After seeing the above, I said, “I am a man of unclean lips, and amidst a people of unclean lips I dwell.”
- One of the seraphim flew to me, with a glowing coal in his hands which he had taken it from the altar. He placed the coal on my mouth, and said, that it is a punishment and atonement for my speaking bad of the Jewish people.
4. Yeshaya is appointed to chastise to the Jewish people:
- Hashem asked as to whom He shall send to chastise to the Jewish people, and I said, that he can send me.
- The reproof: Hashem told me to tell the Jewish people: You hear, but you do not understand; you see, but you do not know. Yours heart is becoming fat, and your ears are becoming heavy, and your eyes are becoming sealed. Repent and be healed.
- Yeshaya asks when the Jewish people will finally repent: I asked Hashem when the Jewish people will finally repent, and He said that they will not repent until all the cities will become desolate without inhabitant and the houses without people, and the ground lies waste, and Hashem scatters the people into exile.
 Rashi 6:1