1. The upcoming war of Yisrael against Judah
- In the days of Achaz, the son of Yosam, son of Uzziah, king of Judah, Retzin, the king of Aram, and Pekach the son of Remaliah, king of Israel [i.e. Efraim], marched to Jerusalem to wage war against Achaz and conquer Judah.
- When the House of David discovered this, they trembled as the trees of the forest tremble because of the wind.
2. The prophecy of Yeshaya to Achaz that the war against them will not be successful:
- Hashem told Yeshaya and his son Shear-Yashuv to go out toward Achaz, and tell him not to fear the war, as they will not be successful, as Hashem will not allow it.
- The prophecy of the fall of Israel: In fact, in another sixty-five years, Ephraim shall be broken, no longer to be a people.
- Achaz refuses to ask for a sign: Hashem told the prophet to tell Achaz to ask for a sign that what He is saying will come true. However, Achaz refused to test Hashem [in order to not publicize the miracle], and Yeshaya chastised him for his lack of faith.
- Hashem gives a sign of his own initiative: Hashem gave the following sign, which is that the young wife of Achaz will become pregnant with child, and she shall bear a son, and she will name him Immanuel. This son will eat cream and honey.
3. Prophecies of the destruction of Israel by Sancheirev:
- Hashem will bring you days which have not come since Israel split from Judah.
- Hashem will call the armies to conquer Israel: On that day, Hashem will whistle armies from Egypt and Assyria, and they shall come and rest in the desolate valleys and in the clefts of the rocks and thornbushes.
- Hashem will shave the hair of Sancheirev: On that day, Hashem will shave the head and the hair of the legs and the beard of the king of Assyria [i.e. Sancheirev].
- There will be few animals left in the land: On that day, there will no animals in Israel that a man will only have alive one heifer of the herd and two sheep. Nevertheless, they shall produce plentiful of milk, and everyone left in the land will eat cream and honey.
- The vineyards will be destroyed: Every place where there were a thousand vines worth a thousand pieces of silver, shall be left for the worms and the thorns to destroy.
 Rashi 7:20